Last Updated: October 29, 2021
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Mission BioCapital LP (together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are a venture capital firm focused on making pivotal early-stage investments in life sciences companies and we support entrepreneurs through a unique combination of shared lab spaces, capital investment and access to strategic partners (the “Services”).
1. Personal information We collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect Personal Information when you complete a form on the Site, sign up for our newsletters or mailing list, log in with your username and password, email us from the Site, attend an event we host or sponsor, complete a survey, or otherwise interact with us through the Site. The Personal Information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include name, email, phone number and company.
Personal Information Included In Your Job Application: We collect Personal Information when you fill out an application for employment, submit your resume or CV, or otherwise inquire about employment with us, in one of our Labs, or with one of our portfolio companies via the Site. The Personal Information collected will include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, education information and credentials, employment history and references, and any other information you choose include in your resume or application.
Referral Information From Third Parties: When you take advantage of the referral links and information offered on this Site, we may receive certain information from the third parties to whom we have referred you. This information generally includes referral codes used to confirm that we are the source of the referral, but it does not contain Personal Information.
Personal Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Twitter and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Sites (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Analytics/Performance: We use analytics cookies to allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site (including the number of page views, number of visitors, time spent on each page, and the information entered into forms). This helps us improve the way our Site works and your experience on it, for example, by understanding which pages are visited most often and making sure visitors can find what they need easily.
- Functionality Cookies: We use functionality cookies to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site. These cookies are not essential for using and navigating the Site. However, without these cookies, you will not be able to use certain functionalities offered on our Site.
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Site to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent. All other cookies are dropped after you have consented via a cookie banner.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
Email Pixels: We may use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
2. How We use personal information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with the Site;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of the Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties; and
Marketing: We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about information, news, events, or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you promotional newsletters. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications, but we will continue to contact you regarding administrative matters and to respond to your requests.
3. Sharing and disclosure of personal information
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Information without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a purchaser, successor, or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Third Parties: As a part of the Services, your Personal Information may be shared with our strategic partners, portfolio companies, investors, community members, and/or third parties to whom we make referrals. We may share your information with such third parties at your request or direction, or we may facilitate such sharing as a part of your participation in certain aspects of the Services or by providing referral links to third parties.
4. California privacy rights disclosures
Our Site is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through the Site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
6. Links to other websites
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information transmitted via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. E-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third-party websites.
8. International Users
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
9. Your Choices
In certain circumstances, providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of the Site or Services, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us at email@example.com to ask us to change, update, or correct your Personal Information.
11. Contact Us